photo credit: Erin X. Smithers
Drawing from a range of movement idioms and approaches, including Safety Release technique, Laban/Bartenieff principles, and my own movement vocabulary, I encourage students to bring their curiosity for somatic and spatial exploration. I am committed to cultivating a non-competitive environment that empowers students to explore their own movement choices as we move from the floor to hands and feet, and back again.
Ali is available to teach classes, workshops and residencies. Please email her directly for availability.
Saturday Febuary 24, Ali will be teaching from 1 pm-3 pm as part of the Moving Target Series at Green Street Studios, Cambridge, MA.
Saturday February 18 Ali will be teaching from 1 pm-3 pm as part of the Moving Target Series at Green Street Studios, Cambridge, MA.
Saturday April 8 Ali will be teaching at AS220, Providence, RI 10 am- 11:45 as part of the Modern Movements Festival.
** Saturday April 152:30-4 pm. Ali will hold a repertory workshop/audition at AS220, Providence, RI. akb & co is looking for dancers for the upcoming 2017-2018 season. Dancers will be compensated for rehearsals and performances. Strong modern dance background and some performance experience required. Please contact Ali for additional details.
Monday May 15 & Friday May 19 Ali will teach at The Dance Complex, Cambridge, MA as part of the Deep Dance Series. 10 am-12 pm.
Monday November 13 Ali will teach at The Dance Complex, Cambridge, MA as part of the Deep Dance Series. 10 am-12 pm.
Friday December 1 Ali will teach a master class at Brown University from 5-7 pm (in Ashamu). Community members welcome!
Adjunct Dance Faculty: Dean College, Franklin, MA. At Dean, Ali has teaches Modern Foundations, Modern VII, Composition as well as Kinesiology for Dancers. She has also been a guest choreographer.
- Adjunct Dance Faculty: Salve Regina University, Newport, RI. Ali has been on the adjunct dance faculty, as well as, a guest choreographer for Salve Regina from 2009-17. She created 6 original works for the Extensions Dance Company. Her work entwistle, was shown at ACDA. She teaches several classes including: Modern, Intro to dance, Anatomy/Kinesiology for Dancers and Pilates Mat.
- Guest teacher at Bates Dance Festival
- Choreographer-in-Residence: Moses Brown, Providence, RI. December 2015-March 2016. Ali will be facilitating an after school composition class for the upperclassman dance students.
- Guest Choreographer: Providence College, Providence, RI. Ali has set 3 pieces on the dance company of Providence College.
- Southern Vermont Dance Festival: Open Modern Dance Class
- Saturday Switch Series at AS@220: Open Modern Dance Class
- American College Dance Association: Pilates Mat classes
- Pilates Mat and Equipment Classes
AS220, Providence, RI Saturday Switch series.